Welcome to Django Stories’s documentation!
This app is designed to be flexible to configure, but still simple to
the writers and editors.
- Reduced dependencies: Checks for optional packages and only creates the
fields if they are there.
- Rich content embedding from GUI: For embedded content, the markup language’s
GUI can do everything it needs.
- Flexible dependencies: Can pick from several applications that provide
similar service, for example django-staff vs. User, massmedia vs. photologue
- Revision tracking: Keeps track of saved versions and allows a user to
revert to a previous version.
- Related items: Can set any configured item to be related to the story.
These are for Photos, Videos, other stories, etc.
- Quick Edit: Several fields can be changed in the list view including
Headline, Subheadline, Teaser, Kicker and Published Status. A form is used
and can be overridden by your project to include what ever fields you want.
- Optional 404 supressing: Sometimes you may have to take down content.
You can now return a page with an explanation instead of returning a 404 error.